CAN-P-1608 refers to Inspection Bodies & Personnel, Required Inspection Label, and Record Retention.
This Appendix contains mandatory requirements applicable to Inspection Bodies (IBs) that evaluate commercial and industrial gas-fired appliances and equipment for safety and suitability.
Appendix C: “This Appendix contains mandatory requirements applicable to Inspection Bodies that evaluate commercial and industrial gas-fired appliances and equipment for safety and suitability, to any or all of the current versions of the following:
• CAN/CSA-B149.1 Natural gas and propane installation code
• CAN/CSA-B149.2 Propane storage and handling code
• CAN/CSA-B149.3 Code for the field approval of fuel-related components on appliances and equipment
• CSA C22.1 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I; Safety Standard for Electrical Installations
• CAN/BNQ 1784-000 Canadian Hydrogen Installation Code
• CSA B51 Boiler, pressure vessel and pressure piping code
• Variances or provincial deviations (such as VAR-GAS-05-05 [rev 2] Gas Safety Variance on the application of CAN/CSA B149-3.05, Alberta Municipal Affairs, Safety Codes Council) as may be issued from time to time by the Provincial or Territorial Regulatory Authority
• Relevant requirements of the National Building Code of Canada and the National Fire Code of Canada.”
For more information and dditional requirements for the Accreditation of Inspection Bodies please visit www.scc.ca.